X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.
• Fast typing and data entry skills.
• Great attention to detail
• Review incoming Purchase Orders and Product Criteria from Customers
• Reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
• An ability to work to deadlines
• Handling customer complaints and inquiries.
• Creates and Files lab card packets and correspondence.
• Controlling file archive system in accordance to company policy.
• Observe and respond to facility e-mails received.
• Maintain specific customer spreadsheets
• An ability to work in fast paced environment with minimal errors
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• High level of interpersonal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
• Good command of both oral and written and customer service skills
• Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
• Maintain files, company correspondences, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
• Observe the Corporate Quality Systems policies at all times.
• Generate forms, charts and documents as needed.
• Updating health and safety policies and ensuring that they are being adhered to
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Cross trained in various duties in support of other positions within Customer Service Department
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Maintain budget tracking spreadsheet.
Complete understanding of non-destructive testing processes. Ability to build and maintain professional customer relations. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Knowledge of MS Office 2000 (Word, Excel). MAS200, XRI APPS, Excellent phone etiquette. Able to multi-task. Customer service driven, teamwork and detail orientated, professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a busy office and shop environment.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals assigned to this position. Individuals may be required to perform other tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.